Monday, 14 March 2011

Black Magic Technique






Hi again!

Here is a technique you may or may not have heard of. The 'Black Magic' technique. It is really quite striking when it's done.

It's been around for years and I don't know why I've only just decided to give it a try.

Here's how you do it.
1. Stamp your 'solid' stamp (as oppposed to an 'outline' stamp) on dark cardstock with Whisper White ink.

2. Allow to dry, or quicken the process by drying with your Heat Tool.

3. Using the Stampin' Up! Watercolour Pencils, colour your image in, starting with darker colours toward the centre and working your way out. Don't worry if not all the 'white' is covered.

4. Use the White Signo Gel Pen and highlight the edges of the stamped image. Add extra detail if you wish.


I've used several stamp sets in these examples - the 'Medallion' stamp, the 'Upsy Daisy' stamp (not the best pic...maybe the worst! :) ), and the 'Bliss' (Sale-a-bration) stamp.

There are only a couple of weeks left until Sale-a-bration is OVER for another year, and the chance of these free stamp sets disappears. These stamp sets do not appear in any future catalogues.

Phone or email if you'd like to place an order.
If you order before March 20th, you might be my Mystery Hostess for the month!

Anna :)

2 comments:

  1. That is a stunning effect Anna. I think I'll have to give it a go :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sandra! It really is quite effective isn't it! I'm glad I've finally tried it :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your lovely comment - so great to hear from you! :)